Wednesday, May 14, 2014

PACT paper accepted, first in PhD

One of the happiest days of my life.  A lot was depending on this, and I was fortunate enough to be bestowed with this really cool research topic and also to find out some quick answers.  Though a lot to be done still, it was so satisfying to find out that my paper got accepted.  PACT is a good conference and having a paper at the beginning of your PhD really helps a lot.

The result was supposed to come out on May 19th, but it came out really early.  One more cool thing is that the conference will be in University of Alberta!  And Dr. Amaral is the chair.  This is insane!  I am so excited.  I was also excited to receive an email from Dr. Amaral congratulating me.

My Canadian passport application has also been processed and it's on its way home.  I was a bit tensed when after 5 days, the France Visa office did not acknowledge the receipt of the passport and I also lost my postal office receipt.  Anyway, hope the VISA is approved and then I can finally prepare for my visit to Edmonton for my convocation and then USA!  Yes, USA... FINALLY!

Phew, lets try hard for the ASPLOS paper now!  If it gets out, I will be overjoyed, but it's too soon to comment.

Always wanted to see this


1 comment: