Sunday, February 9, 2014

Moving to Mentalism..First Successful and Unsuccessful Performance Today

For the last month, I have been increasingly interested into magic.  First, I started with card magics and got introduced to the Bicycle brand decks, as they are the mostly used brand my the magician and poker players.  I also bought some "trick decks" as are used in magic like Svengali Deck, Stripper Deck, Invisible Deck.  The sheer genius behind these decks have been constantly fascinating me.  I also constantly started uploading videos in youtube.

On day ( I think it was last week) , I accidentally ran into a website and ran into basic mentalism techniques.  For example, if you ask someone to guess a two digit number between 1-50 whose digits are different and odd, most will select 37.  I got a success rate of 3 to 1 (my dad guessed 35), but still in the case of successes, the reaction were better than the best card tricks.  Thus I leaned towards mentalism.

Yesterday night I was watching videos and reading classic mentalism books until 4 o' clock.  And today, I successfully performed a Liar Detection act on my grandmother (dadan) and mom.  It was amazing to discover how simple clues of body language can detect liars.  It was almost like a science.

But when I performed another mind reading trick on my girlfriend, I was not successful.  Partly because poor internet connection (that's why it was heard to read the body language).  And secondly, I got the routine in a wrong sequence.  I am planning to try it again to my parents or somebody else.  The scientist within me is dying to discover whether really there is a science in human thinking.

Needless to say, I will read a lot of books and see a lot of videos in the coming week.  Though there are many mentalism tricks that use gimmicks, I really don't like them.  I want to do something that is related to science, direction of thinking, eye reading etc.  I will keep you updated.


3 comments:

  1. HI , Your blog is really nice . I also interested into magic too. Card magic is really amazing . I know some magic too. But i want to know more .
    Thanks for your nice blog .
    simple magic tricks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog. Thank you for sharing. ASHOKA PACKERS AND MOVERS is well established reputed and professionally managed company having own branches and network all over India.
    Packers and Movers Hyderabad
    Packers and Movers Gurgaon
    Packers and Movers Pune
    Packers and Movers Delhi
    Packers and Movers Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  3. ولأننا افضل شركة نقل عفش بالرياض فاننا تستخدم احدث وافضل طرق نقل العفش عن طريق امهر الموظفين المدربين جيدا علي كافة اعمال تحميل وتنزيل العفش وكذلك حسن ترتيبة داخل السيارات لضمان وصولة سليم تماما بالاضافة الى افضل طرق تغليف الاثاث ويشمل ذلك ( تغليف نايلون – تغليف مفرقعات – تغليف كارتون ) وذلك لضمان وصول العفش بالكامل بدون اية خدوش او كسور في بة كل هذا بالاضافة الى افضل وامهر الفنيين المدربين جيدا ً علي كافة اعمال فك العفش بكافة انواعة وكذلك فك الستائر والمطابخ
    شراء اثاث مستعمل بالرياض
    نقل عفش بالرياض
    افضل شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض
    مستودعات تخزين الاثاث بالرياض

    ReplyDelete